This complete WISN toolkit has been developed and implemented in the provinces of Nusa Tenggara Timur (NTT) and Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) in Indonesia as part of the GIZ/EPOS Human Resource Development in the Health Sector Project to strengthen human resource planning and management development efforts. This toolkit has been adapted from the WHO WISN Manual published in 1998 to be utilized in a decentralised health environment. This work was undertaken with permission from WHO.
Components of the WISN Toolkit for the Decentralised Level in Indonesia were developed in 2008 and consist of:
- Guide to Using the WISN Toolkit.
- Documentary Film (soon available on this website).
- Case Study on WISN implementation in NTT province.
- Steering Committee Orientation presentation.
- User’s Manual for Developing Workload Indicators of Staffing Need (WISN) to Improve Health Workforce Planning and Management.
- Outline of training of WISN trainers (Training of Trainers).