The German contribution to the strengthening of the health sector in Vietnam aims to support the provincial authorities to address the core challenges faced by the healthcare system: the limited opportunities of the population, especially the poor and disadvantaged people, to access optimised preventive and curative health care. Therefore, the objective of the Program "Strengthening the Provincial Health System" is the improvement of access of the population, particularly of the poor and disadvantaged, to decentralized and demand-oriented quality services of the provincial health system in 5 selected provinces.
This project relates to the expansion of the existing Financial Cooperation support in the three Program Provinces of Yen Bai, Phu Yen, and Thanh Hoa.
A loan amount of EUR 10 million has been made available by KfW Development Bank with the intention of enabling in these three Provinces:
- Improvement of physical infrastructure of approximately 20 facilities
- Improvement of maintenance of medical equipment, and of medical waste management for the approximately 8 facilities which shall newly participate in the Program
Coordination of activities between the FC and the complimentary activities of the simultaneously implemented TC component is required wherever necessary between the FC and TC support measures to ensure to facilitate optimal results. The programme duration is 36 months.
The duties of the Consultant comprise assistance to the three provinces to support adequate and sustainable operation of the FC-financed investments in the implementation of:
- An international tender for medical equipment
- A national tender for IT-related equipment
- Strategy introduction and training for improved planned preventative maintenance for medical equipment
- Strategy implementation and training for improved waste management
- Disbursement of project funds and financial monitoring.
- Monitoring and evaluation of project activities.