The project forms part of the “Support to Civil Registration Reform in Tajikistan” project initiated by UNDP Tajikistan in 2014 according to the outcomes of the Functional Review of Civil Registration Offices and relates to the “Technical assistance to strengthening the HMIS in Tajikistan” project, financed by EU and implemented by EPOS Health Management in November 2012 - May 2016.
The overall objective of the project is to ensure the sustainability of the CRO DHIS2 and to contribute to the improvement of the documenting processes. In addition it contributes to the improvement of demographic data quality in the Republic of Tajikistan by facilitating the access of general population to timely, reliable and qualitative registration of the seven civil registration acts.
- Ensuring a non-interruptible operation of the DHIS2 Information System
- Developing training curriculum on the use of the Information System of the MCRO in consultation with the Ministry of Justice and handed over to the Institute of Advance Training of Lawyers
- Adapting DHIS2 information system to the needs of Civil Registration Offices and Ministry of Justice to the reporting system of the State Statistics Agency under the President of the RT and the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan
- Adjusting, bug-free/tested and tuned DHIS2 information system to CRO users’ needs and stakeholders (Ministry of Justice, including the Civil Registration Officers and related partners)’ recommendations
- Improving knowledge and technical capacity of main users to operate the system, including the new/revised features of the system
- Building technical capacities for CRO MCRO specialists to independently maintain the system upon completion of the project.