The overall objective of the project is to ensure the sustainability of the CRO DHIS2 and to contribute to the improvement of the documenting processes. In addition it contributes to the improvement of demographic data quality in the Republic of Tajikistan by facilitating the access of general population to timely, reliable and qualitative registration of the seven civil registration acts.
It will build upon the success and achievements of the "Maintenance of Basic Parameters of CRO Information System in Tajikistan" project (2016-2017), funded by UNDP, and the projects "Technical Assistance to Strengthening the HMIS in Tajikistan" (2012 - 2016) and "Health Management Information System in Tajikistan - Phase IV" (2017 - 2018), funded by the European Union.
The overall project objective will be achieved through implementation of the three main tasks: (i) Consolidation of the CRO IS2; (ii) Ensuring interoperability of CRO IS2 with other governmental data systems; and (iii) Elaboration of a digitization model, adjusted to the specific conditions of State Archives of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Our specific approach to IT systems maintenance (Task 1) will be based on the following principles:
- Ensuring maximum up-time of CRO IS2 servers, workstations, and VPN connections.
- Ensuring full functionality of CRO IS2 system at the level of MCRO, district CRO, and cluster jamoats.
- Providing comprehensive training to CRO IS2 administrators, other MCRO IT personnel, and users for the best sustainability of project results.
- Our specific approach to IT system development (Task 2) will be based on the following principles:
- Ensuring maximum CRO IS2 value for other governmental agencies, e.g. AS under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, MoHSPP, Social Protection and Pension Fund Agency, MoFA, etc.
- Ensuring maximum CRO IS2 flexibility for implementation of unique citizen identification numbers and data exchange protocols.
- Providing the most specific and valuable recommendations for implementation of unique citizen identification numbers and data exchange protocols.
- Our specific approach to IT system design (Task 3) will be based on the following principles:
- Setting SMART targets for digitization model to be developed, based on available human, technical, and financial resources.
- Selecting the most productive digitization technologies and solutions, best suited to the types and physical condition of CRA to be digitized.
- Development of a digitization work plan, instructions and guidelines, based on the needs of the CR system development.
- Practical testing of proposed technologies and solutions before the official presentation of the digitization model.