- Technical Assistance to Afikepo Nutrition Programme in Malawi
- duration of assignment: 180 working days over 46 calendar months
The overall objective of the Afikepo Nutrition programme in Malawi of which this contract will be a part is to enhance nutrition security. The specific objectives and results of the programme of which this contract will be part of and thus intended to contribute are:
Specific objective 1: to increase and diversify dietary intake of safe and nutritious foods to achieve optimal nutrition for women of child bearing age, adolescent girls, infants and young children in the targeted districts.
Specific Objective 2: to increase the use of enhanced nutrition knowledge and awareness and hygiene practices by the target communities, learners and PDAs in their daily routines.
Specific Objective 3: to strengthen multi-sectoral governance of nutrition contributing both to national and district development planning and monitoring as well as informing national level policies
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Masters' degree in any or the following: nutrition education, food and nutrition security or agriculture and nutrition, public health nutrition or community nutrition, or food, nutrition and livelihood security;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in multicultural environments;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in areas of development and operational research and analytical services.
General professional experience
- At least 5 years proven experience working in curricula development and reviews and/or education and communications on donor-funded programmes/projects in developing countries;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects in Africa and preferably in Southern African countries will be seen as an advantage;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects in Malawi will be considered an asset;
- At least one year of work experience with working with bilateral and/or multilateral development partners.
Specific professional experience
- 5 years proven experience with work related to curricula assessment, development or education and social behavioural change communication materials, review and/or implementation of food and nutrition interventions in developing countries;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects in developing and implementing inter-sectoral nutrition education and communication strategy and programmes on nutrition;
- Experience in facilitating the development and implementation of education, communication or behavioural and advocacy strategies for nutrition;
- At least one year of work experience on the development, harmonisation and dissemination of nutrition advocacy materials based on results from operational research, monitoring and best practices (linking research to extension);
- At least one year of work experience with EDF rules and procedures will be seen as an advantage.