- Technical Assistance to Afikepo Nutrition Programme in Malawi
- duration of assignment: 300 working days over 46 calendar months
The overall objective of the Afikepo Nutrition programme in Malawi of which this contract will be a part is to enhance nutrition security. The specific objectives and results of the programme of which this contract will be part of and thus intended to contribute are:
Specific objective 1: to increase and diversify dietary intake of safe and nutritious foods to achieve optimal nutrition for women of child bearing age, adolescent girls, infants and young children in the targeted districts.
Specific Objective 2: to increase the use of enhanced nutrition knowledge and awareness and hygiene practices by the target communities, learners and PDAs in their daily routines.
Specific Objective 3: to strengthen multi-sectoral governance of nutrition contributing both to national and district development planning and monitoring as well as informing national level policies.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master's degree in any of the following: human nutrition, food and nutrition, public health nutrition, community nutrition, agriculture and food security, nutrition, food, nutrition and livelihood security, statistics, nutrition epidemiology, social sciences or economics;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in multicultural environments;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in areas of development and operational research and analytical services.
General professional experience
- At least 5 years proven experience of developing and working at a senior level with information systems on food and nutrition security with particular reference to access and consumption of food (including indicators of dietary quality and anthropometry) and nutrition governance;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects sub-Saharan Africa and in public service institutions including government ministries in developing countries will be an asset.
Specific professional experience
- At least one year of work experience with M&E methods and approaches for qualitative and quantitative data collection methods on food and nutrition; data processing; data analysis and reporting (using appropriate computer packages);
- At least one year of work experience in development and implementation of resource tracking systems;
- At least one year of work experience with food and nutrition related database and website designing and management;
- At least one year of work experience with EDF rules and procedures will be seen as an advantage;
- At least one year of work experience in developing and using logical frameworks or project cycle approach is required;
- At least one year of work experience of at least one contract involving of GIS and gender issues is an asset;
- At least one year of work experience in executing and supporting operational research on nutrition