- Technical Assistance to Afikepo Nutrition Programme in Malawi
- duration of assignment: 600 working days over 42 calendar months
The overall objective of the Afikepo Nutrition programme in Malawi of which this contract will be a part is to enhance nutrition security. The specific objectives and results of the programme of which this contract will be part of and thus intended to contribute are:
Specific objective 1: to increase and diversify dietary intake of safe and nutritious foods to achieve optimal nutrition for women of child bearing age, adolescent girls, infants and young children in the targeted districts.
Specific Objective 2: to increase the use of enhanced nutrition knowledge and awareness and hygiene practices by the target communities, learners and PDAs in their daily routines.
Specific Objective 3: to strengthen multi-sectoral governance of nutrition contributing both to national and district development planning and monitoring as well as informing national level policies.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Master's Degree in any of the following: food and nutrition, human nutrition, nutrition epidemiology, food, nutrition and livelihood security, public health nutrition, community nutrition, food science and food technology;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition sector in a multicultural setting as a team leader
General professional experience
- At least 10 years proven experience working at a high level in institutional and capacity development in either relevant public/private sector or academic institutions;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition sector operational experience and expertise related to project management;
- At least one year and at least one contract work experience in the food and nutrition sector developing and implementing development programmes (including functional capacity development) in the public sector;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition sector working with bilateral and/or multilateral development partners;
- Those with more experiences in working in developing countries especially in Southern African countries will have an added advantage.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years proven work experience with institutional and functional capacity development in food and nutrition security in Africa and, preferably, in Southern African countries;
- At least one year of work experience implementing projects in Agriculture or Food and Nutrition Security or related discipline in Malawi will be considered an asset;
- At least one year of work experience with planning, budgeting and policy development in the public and or private sector;
- At least one contract of work experience as a Team Leader in a capacity development and programme coordination technical assistance contract;
- At least one year of previous experience working as a Team Leader in at least one of EU-funded projects using EDF rules and procedures will be seen as an advantage.